The Better Jobs, Better Futures programme also includes the ‘Futures’ family – a suite of activities providing employability support to Gower College Swansea students
- The ‘Futures Academy’, which is aimed at A level students not progressing to Higher Education at the end of their course. The Academy delivers a programme of activities designed to develop an individual employment pathway for each student, with the aim of progressing straight into employment or an apprenticeship on completion of their A level studies.
- Satellite ‘Futures Hubs’ offering drop-in employability advice and support at the Tycoch and Gorseinon campuses. The hubs aim to support students to make a successful transition into employment through a combination of career-focused knowledge and skills, and one-to-one employability advice and support. They can also assist students in finding part-time employment whilst undertaking their studies at the college. Students can access the hubs on a drop-in basis (see details below) or via referral from a tutor.
- Targeted employability support for individual curriculum and learning areas.
How to access ‘Futures’ support
The ‘Futures Hubs’ are available during term-time at the locations/times outlined below:
- Tycoch main reception area: Monday – Thursday 9.00am – 4.30pm, Friday 9.00am – 12.30pm
- Gorseinon main reception area: Monday – Thursday 9.00am – 4.30pm, Friday 9.00am – 12.30pm
Alternatively, and outside of term-time, students can access support at the college’s Kingsway Centre (click here for directions and opening hours) or by contacting 01792 284450 / firstname.lastname@example.org.